o wants to greet the New Year when it's January you have to say Hello to? Perhaps there are those that love it but I'm afraid I am not one of them.The reason that it's an odd month to me is because it's such a combination of promise of what is yet to be and regret for what was. I'm eager to begin the year so that I can begin accomplishing new goals(or at least plan on accomplishing them) and am happy to be getting back into my normal routine. I look forward to the next month with a few more holidays, birthdays, and just a little more fun. And then I'm regretting and missing the good times we just had, the delicious food we ate, and the lovely break we just had from our normal routine. Like I said, and odd month.
I did however love last month. Our Group had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Here are just a few pictures from the Merry Month of December.








8 comments:
Poor January! No one likes her!
Actually, I love January. It represents order, and routine, schedules, and school. It makes me want to roll up my sleeves, and clean up Christmas.
When Christmas is over I always lay in bed with a sigh of relief and think, "we did it, we made it, it's over." It's a lot like childbirth!
This was the longest I have ever left Christmas up. I didn't put a thing away until January 5th. I tried to make it to the sixth, but the five was calling out to me.
Five is such a nice number don't you think, Mary?
Don't you think five is the friendliest number?
(Did you watch that this year? We did. It was on over and over again, just the way we like it.)
Well, the children look adorable. They look older, but it still looks, young, fun, and super sweet.
It made me want to come up and have dinner with you. I wish I could come in January.
Cute pictures! Your kids have definitely grown since we saw you last....they are adorable!
I'm with you. I can't stand January. Maybe if the weather was better here, but everything is so dreary. But I'm looking forward to February and that helps. I love all the holiday pictures of your kids. It looks like you had a great December. Here's to February!
Catherine is probably right about the weather.
It's been better than summer here because it's not quite as hot.
It was rainy and cloudy through Christmas, so the sunshine feels wonderful. I sat out in the sun with the paper for an hour.
The snow looks so pretty though, and your kids look like they love it.
I'm with you Catherine, here's to Febuary! And Leslie I knew you would love January. It's the chore month. Perfect for you! I wish you you could come up and keep me company. But I'm afraid you might feel a little different about January if you left lovely sunny California and arrived here in snowy Utah. I think Utah is beautiful too but this is not the most attractive time in my opinion.
But I can suffer through winter for the sake of spring.
I'm torn on January. I love the beginning - back to routine, order, clean house....but now I find it dragging and dragging and dragging. Could it be my condition? Every day I look at the caldendar and can't believe we have only jumped forward one lousy day? oh well...
Mikey works with a girl named January--kind of cute, huh?
Anyway, reading your lovely post helped the day go by faster. :)
I'm looking very forward to February, too. Nice short month, a few fun holidays, and a trip to SoCal....and then I can at least say this baby is due 'next month'...doesn't that sound lovely?
I think we're at the half way point. It's the 15th, the month is half over. I don't include the 31st. Once you hit 15 it's over...it's nearly February.
My group gets so mad all the time over here because it it's 10 minutes after any hour I say its' the upcoming hour.
I know that feeling of only jumping forward one single day. I remember being pregnant and just staring at the blocks of days in my planner and on the calendar.
Maybe someone should change the Tasha Tudor quote to,
January brings the snow, makes the days go by so slow.
Last one: I think there is an actress named January Jones.
Reminds me of July Johnson.
Post a Comment