Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Friday Favorites

This is actually a post about favorites from Christmas' of the past. I wanted to share with all of my many nieces and nephews some of my favorite things at Christmas time when I was little and young.

The song It's Marshmallow World is a funny, cute little song. I still like this song now but mostly because it reminds of my two older sisters Michelle and Erin. They used to perform this little number at the very elite Granada Christmas Concert. I loved this song. I loved the idea of a world being covered in marshmallows. I'm not quite sure why exactly because I don't even like marshmallows (unless toasted and smashed between chocolate and graham crackers.) I think it piqued my fancy because, growing up in Southern California, I had very little experience with snow. Whatever the reason was I loved this song and loved to hear my very grownup sisters singing it around our house. It really must be nice to have little sisters because well, we just think you older ones are wonderful in everything you do. But then again, you really are!

My next favorites are a couple of Disney Cartoons I always looked forward to seeing on TV when I was a little girl. Now, you can simply just buy these on DVD's. I love how even if we own our own copy of a certain movie or children's cartoon it's always fun to find it surprisingly on TV. And even if we've watched it a millions times already it still feels like "Oh ! the Disney Christmas Cartoon is on!" And we simply have to watch it.....again.







3 comments:

Leslie said...

Mary,
I loved this post. It's cute. I didn't know you loved
Marshmallow World because of Shell and Erin.
Don't you remember me singing Christmas Carols, too?
haha...I know. I prefer to sing along with a spoon to someone else singing really loudly, so no one can hear me.
I remember Shell and Erin's performances, too. Mike and I both had to take them to some of them.
I love the Disney cartoons and never, ever want to buy the new ones. The old ones are so much better. Anything on TV or a song on the radio is better than when you actually own it. I think It's the surprise and recognition that makes it better.
Well, this was a really cute post.....and little sisters are the best, not just because they are full of admiration, but because they are younger, hipper, funnier, and bolder than big, shy, dull, aging, out-of-it older ones!

Prudy said...

I still like to tap dance when I hear marshmallow world. It really is a very cheerful song, so cheerful that it a clumbsy chubby junior high girl won't even ruin it for you. My kids love the song too. Now for these cartoons-I need to share them with sailor and west. We seem to be having a Christmas movie season and not at all a book season. We've managed to watch a Christmas show every night and our big stack of Christmas books is going virtually untouched, except for Sailor of course. West just reads himself the same Christmas story every night.

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing the Christmas videos. Annabelle and Paul will love the Santa one. I love marshmallow world too. I always loved going to Granada to watch the Christmas concert. I thought Erin and Michelle were so grown up and so cool! Too bad they changed it up, when we got there. I never got my chance to be so grown up and so cool!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones