Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Favorites!

This Season makes me want to do many things. Bake, take scenic walks, go pumpkin picking, and anything else fallish. One thing I long to do in the Autumn is go to Disneyland. I love Disneyland. It's such a fun and amazing place. I loved going as a child and now with my own children. Since everyone, besides the Utah families, will be going to the Magical Kingdom soon I thought I would write about a few of my favorite things at this Wonderful Place. I love New Orleans Square. I love the smells, the music, and all of the rides. One of those rides is ideal during Halloween Time. The Haunted Mansion. I really do love this ride. The music and the mansion itself are very eerie. I have always loved to be scared, just a little-not too much, and this ride is perfect for that.
My favorite part in this ride is when you get put in the first room and that chilling voice begins telling you your Haunted Mansion fate. At the very end of it the lights go out and some people scream but no one as good as my sister Erin.

Erin is quite an accomplished actress. She could give such a convincing blood curdling scream. You know the kind in Scary Movies where it makes you throw your popcorn in the air and spill your soda all over. My sister Leslie screams like that too but believe me she's not acting. That really is how she screams for many, many things.
So Erin would scream and her little sisters (Catherine and I) would laugh and think she was so fun and funny. Then Catherine and I would sit by each other and those same big sisters would knock on the back of our ride carrier to scare us. Oh I miss being the little sister with so many fun, silly sisters around!
My other favorite thing to do at Disneyland besides rides is eating all of the delicious snacks so conveniently located in my path. (Maybe I should have listed this first.) I love so many but I think my favorite has to be the Churro. It's fried bread rolled in cinnamon and sugar. What's not to love?
I love them but can't stand when I get a cold one. I learned that you must go to the Churro cart with a line if you really want a hot one. If you go to one without the line then most likely those Churros have been sitting around for awhile but the busy carts have to keep making fresh ones. When it comes to food I believe the long line is worth it!
So here is my nod to one of my absolute most favorite rides and one of the most delicious snacks at one of my most Favorite places- Disneyland!

7 comments:

Fantastic Mr. R said...

This was a lovely ode to the greatest place on earth and the most delicious food carts. You would know! I can't wait to go. Did I tell you as of this morning we thought our trip was cancelled but we are still going. YEA! It is my favorite place to visit in the Fall (besides NY). Anyway, I loved all the big sisters memories, too. Great post and happy friday

Leslie said...

Mary,
I was waiting to see what you posted. Disneyland.
I laughed so hard at your screaming memories.
Yes, I am a screamer, and it's not even on purpose.
I have screamed very loud at the movies, I'm afraid, when a woman scared me. She scared Tracy and I both and we both screamed really loud. It ended up being funny, but loud.
Yes, Disneyland is the best in the fall because it's cooler and not "revoltingly hot."
That was good advice about the churro cart lines.
I always want everything freshly made, and believe if you're the requesting customer, they should accommodate your requests. Ohhh, did you know they sell those at Disneyland too? They are always piping hot at Disneyland, I get them by Big Thunder and then sit on a bench by the river, in the sun, with the pine trees and watch the Mark Twain
riverboat go by, while I wait for my kids to finish their ride. (And I sit there wishing desperately that I had thought to bring a book! ) That is my idea of a great time at Disneyland!
Actually, I love everything about DIsneyland, but that is my favorite part, and they always play all the old movie soundtracks, Big Country, Magnificent 7, and How The West Was Won.
And, we love al The Carnival Food, too.
Great post today, Mare. I hope we all get to go together next year for Mom and Dad's Big Anniversary Party. It'll be Renouf Day at Disneyland!

Leslie said...

I always get ahead of myself when typing away.
French Fries! They sell Mc Donald's French Fries
hahahaha....I bet you were wondering WHAT was that was piping hot.
It's french fries, I buy them and sit in the sun eating.
If you put yourself in an idyllic setting, everything, even food, is "Really Better!" I think that's why everything tastes delicious at Disneyland.

Catherine said...

Oh I love your disneyland post! I haven't been in so long! I hope we all go for Mom and Dad's anniversary! Do you remember the time that we went to Disneyland with Mike and Leslie, (when they were still in High School) and they made us sit by ourselves on Haunted Mansion and we bawled! Then they took us on the Matterhorn and told us that it wasn't scary, it was a kids ride, "See look at the little girl, I told you it's a kid ride." Do you remember this? This time we were really too little to ride by ourselves, so I had to ride with Mike because I had to go to the bathroom, and Leslie was afraid that if I got too scared I would spill! (Did you know that's what Annabelle says? I think you do, anyway, that's where that came from) We were much braver for the Matterhorn!

Anyway thankyou for the Disney Post! Loved it!

Prudy said...

MK: I wish I could hop in the car with you and take our groups to Disneyland. If we weren't going to Europe next month.... Then again, there is a D land in Paris. Maybe we should go see it instead of the Louvre. :)
I did love to scream and reading that makes me want to warm up the old voice box and try it again. YOu and Catte were so much fun for me-always willing to play and pretend. Did you know they have churros at the Del Taco drive through? They're not as good as D land, alas, but if you get a serious craving, they can tide you over. We are going to D world in Jan now-we had to postpone because of Sailor's nutcracker schedule. Isn't tha ridiculous? I. Me. I am ridiculous. All right, I'd better move along since I'm supposed to be educating young minds. Can't wait for a month from now.

Katie and Mark said...

As if I was not excited enough!!! Now I am thrilled to do to Disneyland! Yeah! 6 days left! Brooklynne has never been, and she is obssesed with Princesses. I am SO looking forward to all the fun.

As for the food, I love those MASSIVE corn dogs, JUMBO turkey legs, and the Chief Powhotan (<--Spelling?) Chicken Screwers by the Indiana Jones Ride! I am obviously a meat eater. Yum...

Great Post!

MK and Co. said...

I wish I was going with everyone to Disneyland next week! You guys are going to have so much fun. Disneyland is such a happy place and I agree with Leslie everything tastes better there too. I always have to bring tons of cash when I go because no matter how much I have eaten prior to entering the Magical Kingdom I'm always starving the minute I walk down Main Street. It's all those delicious smells. Did you know when they are not making chocolate or baking anything they have vents that emit the smell of vanilla so it ALWAYS smells heavenly. I love that smell!
I learned this during the summer I worked there. I love Disneyland but only as a guest and not as an employee. I think I would have liked it had I worked on attractions but unfortunately I was put on ODV-outdoor vending. Sounds fun right? Only when you are in the front of those delicious popcorn and churro carts buying those items and not behind them almost passing out from the heat!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones