My latest favorite is a delicious cookie from Paradise Bakery. I love Paradise Bakery. It makes delicious
sandwiches, salads, and cookies. My favorite cookie is a chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips called chippers. They're called chippers because they are small like chips (pretty clever,huh?). I love when baked goods are small. I feel a lot less guilty consuming these pint size cookies. Even though I make up for their size by eating about tree times as much!Unfortunately, I cannot be running to paradise bakery as often as I would like these cookies so I decided to make these for myself. Actuall
y I decided to call my exceptionally talented sister Erin and have her tell me how to make them. I'm telling you this girl has a gift. She has never tasted these cookies but just by me describing how they tasted she was able to come up with a great knock-off recipe. They were tiny, innocent, and delicious. I loved them!Chocolate Chipppers
1 1/4 cup - brown sugar
3/4 cups- granulated sugar
1 cup -butter
2 -eggs
1 tsp. - vanilla
1 cup- cocoa powder
1 tsp. - baking powder
1 tsp. -baking soda
1 tsp. -salt
2 cups- flour
1 bag white chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and mix. Then add in cocoa powder and mix. Add 1 cup of flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix. Add last cup of flour and mix. Add white chocolate chips. (Reserve about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for topping cookies after baking them.) Roll into small 1 inch balls and bake at 350 degrees for 6 1/2 minutes. After they are finished add several white chocolate chips on tops of cookies. ( It looks prettier this way.) Then I put the cookies in the freezer, on their cookie sheet still, to cool the white chocolate chips quickly for about 5 minutes. This makes a large batch due to their small size.
Thanks Erin for being so generous and clever with all of your recipes. I could have not done this without you! I hope everyone enjoys these cookies. And if you want to see a whole weeks worth of other great cookies just click a way right here! http://prudencepennywise.blogspot.com/





3 comments:
Aw shucks! Thanks! I'm really anxious to try the real cookie. In the meantime, I'm so glad you ahve the cookie written down, because I have no gift at all for organization.
Oh I knew I wasn't getting the whole story of these delicious cookies! They really are so good. I didn't realize that they were a Paradise Bakery copycat recipe. But I suspected. And how amazing is Erin that she came up with the recipe just from you description. That must have been some description! We have been loving these all week! We've had either cookies on hand or dough in the fridge all week. I'm so glad you shared this Friday Favorite!
Paradise Bakery sounds paradisiacal.
(That's an article of faith word) How lucky.
I'd take a good bakery over a donut shop, any day.
I would go there all the time, too. I would have a very regimented schedule of when I could go; after my work is done, with my paper, on fridays or maybe on Tuesdays. My tuesdays are open.
haha
Lucky! This bakery sounds great. Erin can win recipes without ever baking, cooking or eating them! She can just see it all in her mind and know exactly how it will turn out. No wonder she could recreate this cookie. That was nice of her.
Could she recreate this for me? It tastes really crunchy, and you fill it with salsa, lettuce, cheese and Guacamole.
Erin's picture of that Taco has unsettled my mind and it won't settle down until I get a big crunchy bite! Tacos....mmmmmmm.......Tacos!
I want one!
Is Paradise Bakery close to your house? Can we go there next time I come up? We'll have to plan something after Europe so we don't have post-travel depression- and have something else to look forward to.
Thanks for the great little cookie recipe. I love that you love little cookies..Little Chippers...maybe it's because you're The Littlest!
Post a Comment