Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Wedding!

Soooo.......... how does one begin after a very long absence? I've neglected and avoided my blog for such a long time and now I feel like I've suddenly bumped into it at the market or something. What do I say? What do I do? Do I quickly head off to another aisle and pretend I didn't see my blog? NO! Too late! It saw me! I have to go say hello. Of course there will be greetings, expressions of regret, polite small talk, and awkward pauses. What else can you expect when you run into someone unexpectedly?! Now I just hope I have a cute outfit on and that my makeup looks all right.
I can't possibly catch up with all that I have missed in the last few months that I will just begin like I've been here all along.
I have some wonderful news. Jacob Montano, my nephew was just married in Salt Lake Temple. It was such a happy day. It is always such an amazing feeling to be in the temple with all of your family and watch a couple be sealed to each other for Time and All Eternity. Jacob and Mishelle Montano looked very happy and very sweet together.
I came out of the temple feeling so grateful to be a part of this gospel. I felt grateful for the family the I had come from and very grateful for my own dear family that I have now. The temple is a beautiful place. It looks beautiful on the inside and out but what I love best is the spirit that I feel there. I always feel so close to my Beloved Savior there and I always leave with a stronger desire to strive to be more like Him.
Thank you so much Jacob and Mishelle for letting us be a part of your happy day. We are so proud of you! Congratulations!



6 comments:

Catherine said...

Mary's back! Hurray! Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary, MARY! Have you seen that "Raymond"?

What a sweet post, Mare. It really was a great day. I love your pictures and it makes me wish I would have taken more.

Keep the posts coming, I've missed you in blogland.

Catherine said...

Mary's back! Hurray! Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary, MARY! Have you seen that "Raymond"?

What a sweet post, Mare. It really was a great day. I love your pictures and it makes me wish I would have taken more.

Keep the posts coming, I've missed you in blogland.

Leslie said...

Clang the bell, blow a whistle, bang the drums, and throw some confetti, Mary Kate's back in town!
What a surprise to see the picture of me and my boys on YOUR blog!
Wasn't it a great day?
Thank you for posting about it. Catherine did, too and it is so nice of both of you.
I am so happy Jacob is married and that he found Mishelle to love him and help him for the rest of his life.
They were so happy, and I hope all their days will be Wedding Cake.
That should be the name of great days with your husband. Wedding Cake Days.
I'm so glad you're posting again. I'm glad you didn't look the other way or turn away and not respond when you saw your blog.
Please keep posting and I promise to join in when I get back home...... if I ever return.

Katie and Mark said...

I am happy to see you back, and I LOVE that everyone is posting about Jacob's wedding. Since I could not be there, it helps to see how adorable everyone looks through the blogs. Speaking of which-do they (Jake and Mishelle) have a blog? I want to see a picture of the beautiful bride! :)

Lauriesconsult said...

Hi Mary Kate, Oh I am so glad to see all your pictures from the wedding and hear all the wonderful thoughts and feelings you have. Everyone looks so so beautiful. Your family is getting big Miss Mary.
Can't wait to see everyone in the Holy Man. Love you tons !

Jake and Mishelle said...

Jake and Mishelle do have a blog! :)

jakeandmishelle.blogspot.com

see ya there!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones