Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer Events!

I cannot believe how terribly I have neglected one of my favorite obsessions-blogging. I've been having such a wonderfully happy busy summer that I have not had too many free moments. But now, hopefully, I will be back on track with this blog.
Two weeks ago, I had a great time at the Renouf Family Reunion in Santa Clara, UT. I can't thank my parents enough for creating such happy memories for my little group. There was food, laughter, a surfer party, Pine Valley BBQ, a cowboy party, devotionals, games, popcorn, snow cones, a 5o's party swimming, Lake day, and even more if it's possible! My family had such great time! And then to my surprise and delight I had a sister who followed me the whole way home. And the kids and I and thought she was such a pretty, clever, tidy little thing that we decided to keep her and feed her till she had to go home to her real family. She didn't make a bit of trouble and she was so funny and entertaining!
Okay my sister Leslie and her two Littles, Annie Laurie and Erin Leigh, came up and stayed with my group. We had so much fun going to Scera Pool, Salt Lake City, visiting the other sisters homes, going to lunch, toilet papering,movies, and roasting S'mores! I was so glad she came and help dispel the post vacation blues. Her two girls were so sweet and helpful and we will miss them all! Here are some pictures from the Family Reunion and our post vacation with Leslie!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

MARY'S BACK!!! HURRAY! I'm so glad Leslie followed you all the way home! Last week wouldn't have been near as much fun if she'd only followed you all the way to Beaver! I love the picture of Jake next to the "Brute" trash can! We had so much fun with everyone last week! Thanks for including us in all your fun plans!

Prudy said...

Oh, darn. I hate to miss a party. I didn't hear about the TP part. Who did you get? Was it Michelle? That's who I would do because she would think it was fun. I wish someone was coming here for the fourth. Anyone, anyone????

Leslie said...

Oh, Mary,
You were the one who was so much fun. Thank you for letting your big, old, 12 years older than you sister move in with you for the week. I just had to come with you. Everyone was suddenly leaving and all going to the same place, but me.
You and Adam were great hosts. One of my favorite times was sitting around the dinner table, staying up late talking to you two. Adam is the best because he laughs at EVERYTHING!!!!! "Laughs Easily and Good With Children." That is his new title. We should print it up and put it on his "Playclothes."
One of my favorite books by Anne Tyler is Morgan's Passing. (The first page is so funny because a dignified rabbit is passing out chocolate chickens for Easter.) Anyway, Morgan loves to try on different lives and imagines, and in fact, does assimilate into other people's lives.
I felt just like Morgan. I was fascinated watching your family and how calm and enjoyable everything was. I loved my room and was so comfortable. I even loved helping with chores and seeing what delicious meal you were going to make for dinner.
It felt like I was home, in a less confining, restrictive, not to be owned by my own chores kind of way.
I loved all our field trips, daily outings, and sitting on the front porch eating ice cream cones.
Everyone, Shell, Heidi, and Catte were so great to take their kids everywhere and to do everything, too.
You know if I lived there I would be Group Activity Leader. Tuesday would be park day, Friday Lunch day, Once a month movie/popcorn night, and once a month Couples Dinner.
See, I'm Morgan. I'll live upstairs in Annaliese's comfortable room with my new, comfortable pillow and plan our schedule, and activities. I'll fly home occasionally to check on everyone here to make sure they're wearing their retainers and saying their prayers, but then I'll fly right back to my real-true- Anne Tyler life with you.
Doesn't that sound wonderful?
Well, it really was. Thank you so much for having Me and My Littles.
And just one more thing: You and Adam looked so Pretty and Handsome all dressed up on your way out the door to your business dinner at Flemings.
It was most impressive. I felt just like Nana the Nursemaid...or is it Nursedog in Peter Pan as you were leaving. That's why we had to watch it when you left. I searched through your dvd's and found it. Then your children were so cute because everytime Mr. Darling called out for Mary, someone would always say, "That's my Mother's name, too."

As Mom would say, in a very serious, full of earnest convincing, grab your arm kind of way, "These are the best times." I even came home and told Mike that this is a really nice time for your family.
I know you know it is, too, but you'll know it even more later on, when it changes. So, LIVE IT UP!!!!!
"These are the best times," Mary Kate. Don't Forget. (Isn't that a Disney song???? From like Superdad or something. I think it's in a Wedding Scene...which are always my favorite !!!!)
Anyway, everyone should leave their life for a week and pretend you're part of Mary's.
"Oh it's a jolly holiday with Mary."
I can't wait for the next one!

Leslie said...

My favorite picture on the slideshow was Happy Jake!
Especially so, because he said "HAPPY" clearly and distinctly with a big smile on his face all week.
I miss him already!

MK and Co. said...

Dearest Leslie,
Oh you're comment was just what I needed to hear today. I had such a wretchedly dismal day. The kind of day you wonder what it is you're really doing. Blahh!!! I hate these kind of days. I could just see the dark storm clouds hovering above my head. Anyways I'm glad today is almost over and I can wake up tommorrow and greet the new day with no mistakes in it,yet.
I'm so happy you had such a good time here. My family loved having your little gang here. It really was so much fun! My favorite part was sitting around the table and talking late into the night too. You are so entertaining! Adam does laugh easily at all of your outrageous comments. Who wouldn't? He has a soft spot for fiesty girls, I know it. Adam said tonight how he missed coming home to a house full of fun. I do too. I wish you could have stayed and organize more activities, eat ice cream cones,visit sisters, help with my chores, laugh, watch the kids play in the twilight, and all the other great things we did during you're visit.
Thank you for all your help while you were here. It was so nice of you to watch the kids. You fed them, bathed them,and fashoined their hair in true Montano style. You were the best! It was so nice to have a helping hand. Thank you!
Even though I know you technically belong with your group I still hope you could come up again this summer. We still have so many great things to do. It would be super fun!
Thanks again for everything and especially for your super nice comment. You really are very kind. You have been such a good sister to me ever since I can remember. I'll say it again, I'm a lucky girl to have such a great family.

SELMA said...

There you are....glad to see you are back.....!!!! enjoying the new home?

Jess said...

So fun! Looks like you aren't wasting anytime enjoying the summer months---love it! I can't believe it's already July. We miss you guys! Jake looks like he has grown a ton!!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones