Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Grand Ole Fourth

I have always loved the Fourth of July. Perhaps it began with growing up in a home designed for summer holidays. Or it could be I'm just a sucker for a good barbecue. Whatever the reason I still love this patriotic holiday.
Our Group had a great time going over to the Briscos for dinner and a firework show. We ate a fabulous dinner(courtesy of Prudence Pennywise recipes), made homemade ice cream, enjoyed the fireworks, and just had plain ol' American fun.
A big thanks to Heidi's family always playing host to our many family parties. It really is so nice of you.
Well, we had a very happy day and I hope everyone else did too! Happy Fourth of July!!!


3 comments:

Prudy said...

Your group look so cute. Can I borrow a couple o'kids to make my pictures look cuter? I'm telling you, Jake is a retired football coach. Just look at him! I want to squeeze him, he's just so cute!

Leslie said...

Your group does look so cute. They always do.
Remember Mary, these are the best days.
I'm glad you had a good 4th. We did, too and were so happy to spend it with Laurie. Candice and Katie were really funny. I sat next to them during the fireworks show and Candice and I laughed hard at Katie's stories. We are going to The Lagoon with them on Wednesday, too. The Lagoon is the greatest. It's like the beach but cleaner, closer and easier. It's my new favorite thing. I wish you could go too!

Anonymous said...

Mary,
I love the picture of your little group sitting on your beautiful brand new front porch! So cute! The girls in their white dresses and your boys in their polos, it really was a good ole fashioned 4th of july!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones