Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our BYU Grad!


On August 15, 2008 Adam graduated from Brigham Young University!!!! We are still so excited over it and cannot believe that this day he has worked for years has finally come and gone. It was a great day for Our Family!
The day before graduation Adam's family arrived. We were so excited to see everyone and so happy they were there for Adam and this great accomplishment in his life. It was so kind of them to take time off work and not to mention the cost of the airplane tickets to get here. Thank you so much. It really meant a great deal to Adam and I.
The graduation was wonderful. The main speaker spoke on having integrity of the heart. It was a great talk and I felt proud to belong to a University and Church that install and believe in honesty, family life, hard work, learning, and the continually idea of trying to be more like our Beloved Savior in all that we do.
Later we had the Tuineis, Briscos, Jackson and Rosie, Gutes, and the Telles Group over for a dinner and small celebration. We had a wonderful time and appreciate all the help and encouragement we have received through the years from each family. Thank You!
The last big thank you goes to my dear husband. You must allow me to tell you how proud I am of you and your amazing accomplishment. It really is an incredible thing that you have done. Somehow you have had to manage family, school, work, church callings, mortgages, assisting car repairs(thanks Paul!) sleepless nights, finals, missed vacations, and countless of other obstacles to reach this goal. You made it! Thank you for all of your hard work, determination and grit that it took to do this! Congratulations Adam!!!

13 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

Congratulations Telles Family! What a truly amazing time in your lives. Good job Adam, and way to go Mary!g

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Three cheers for Adam!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Maybe we could change the Telles Birthday song to something like:
"Adam T. the grad-u-ate, the grad-u-ate, the grad-u-ate. " Okay I don't know the tune, but you guys get the idea.
We're so happy for your family and proud of all your hard work. Welcome to the best alumni ever :).

Jess said...

WAHOOO!! Way to go Adam! That has to feel good. Jared has just started the MBA program and that graduation day seems soooooo far away! :)

Prudy said...

You know how when a scout gets an award the mother gets to go up and get a pin? MK, you should get a pin too. YOu should have held Adam's hand as he walked up for graduation, maybe with a ballooon tied to your wrist. Hee Hee. Huge Congrats to both of you. HOnestly, it seems like it went really fast. It's amazing what you guys have accomplished in the last 8 years. ARe you sure you're not older than us?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Prudy, that would have been appropriate and hilarious if you would have held Adam's hand while he walked across the platform! Congrats to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Que Stud! Thats Spanish for what a stud! Muy bien, Thats Spanish for hey thats great. I am out of Spanish words, thats all I know, but good job At

Bella Kate said...

Thank you everyone. It feels great to be finished.

Mary Kate- thank you for the post and all of the sacrifices you and the children have made over the last six years. We achieved this goal together.

Love you,
A

Leslie said...

Oh, Mary, I left you a big, hypergraphically long comment yesterday only to have it disappear.
It was sweet of you to put Mom's favorite song on your blog.
I love it too, but as usual, it's a sad-nostalgic song. But, you really can't take my word for it since I tend to think so many songs are sad.
I loved Erin's comment about receiving a pin like scouting, too.
Song Time: "You deserve a medal, or be even made a knight." "Oh, it was nothing, merely nothing."
I'll send you a pin, a medal, a sword for knighthood and a red balloon, too. Then I'll write a story about a mother raising children while her husband attends school so they can have more children, and more money to support those children. We'll call it The Graduation Present and put all your gifts in a seashell and drape it with paperclips, too.

You know how proud we are of Adam, and you, too.
He did it! He made it! He crossed the finish line, and so did you.
You've done so much in such a short amount of time, really. It's been fun to watch, Mary, and we've been quietly rooting and applauding you all along the way.

Now we can't wait to see what else your family will be doing.
"It's time, Mary!"

Jack & Rosie said...

Congratulations to Adam and all you guys! It's definitely a group effort. Now that I finally figured out how to add your blog, I can post comments! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys we are so proud of your team work. Adam you stuck it out and it paid off.What a feeling that must have been to receive that Degree!It was truly a blessing.Thanks to Mare for allowing you to be able to focus on your studies while she kept the home in check, as you guys are finding out it truly takes TEAM work to make things happen and lots of prayer!! Ok I just realized today is the 5th of Sept. and it is someones Birthday,so since we cant be there, this is for you Mary. Mar-y the birthday girl the birthday girl the birthday girl Mar-y the birthday girl shes 25 today HEY shes 25 today HEY,shes (stretch it out)t-w-e-n-t-y f-i-v-e toodaaay!!Thats for you Mary we love you!! Forgive me Lord for a little white lie on numbers. Have a blessed day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday MK! Where is the post of all the picutres from your childhood. And I want to read the answers to your birthday innerview! Happy Birthday! ("And I hope you live another 75 years!" =D Do you know what that's from? I'm sure you do.) Happy Birthday!

Leslie said...

Catte,
It's from Lucy. Ethel says it to her. Right?
I love that you posted a picture of Mary Kate when she was little on your blog.
I had pictures too of her when she was little, but had no idea.......you already know what I'm going to say.
Catte, Mary did not know The Happy Birthday Present reference. She's just a baby you know. Did she miss that reading segment from Mom? Was she too little to remember?
Do you know it? It's all about Peter and Davey. (Jacob and Jordan.....everyone used to hide Jordan in the Grandfather Clock in the front room because of Davey.)

Mary, you gotta get that book. It's The Happy Birthday Present by Joan Helibroner. You'll love it, and I bet you'll recognize it as soon as you see it.

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
it seems funny to be leaving you a comment on MK's blog, but here I am. Yes I know the Happy Birthday Present. I even have it. It's so cute and I love it. Mary doesn't know because she really is just a baby. And I loved your silly comment about now that Adam is done with school, they can have kids! Haha! It really is time.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones