Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our Impromptu Summer Vacation

Before it is officially Fall, I must post some pictures of my wonderful California trip the kids and I took this summer. It was an impromptu trip that turned out being a great summer vacation. It was just the kids and I because I'm sorry to say that Adam was in the midst of finals and could not come along and play. Sorry Adam.

We went to St. George and then on to California with my sister Erin and her two children. I was so happy to have Erin and her group join the fun. It was great traveling with her and all of the kids packed in my van gave us plenty to laugh about.
I was so happy to get to go to good ol' Cali. It really is geared for summer activities. We loved going to the beach, going swimming, playing with cousins, getting ice cream, visiting with family, and just having a wonderful time. Thank you so much to my sister Leslie and my sister-in-law Sing Jin for letting us come stay with your families and feeding us such great meals. It was so kind of both of you. Thanks too to Laurie and her girls for organizing such fun activities. Anything you guys plan always ends up being a ball. You really do have a gift! We loved seeing everyone. I really had so much fun that I'm hoping to make it an annual summer event. Thanks again to everyone!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so jealous. What a fun last minute-(whispers "impromptu" thing (whispers - "affair") Can you name the movie?

Anyway it looks like so much fun. I'm so jealous. All your beach pictures look so cute. It's like there's some unwritten rule that all pictures taken at the beach will undoubtedly turn out adorable!

Leslie said...

Come back and let's do it all again next summer.
I owe you a week, you know.
Then you can stay up all night and hang out with me and Mike at the table, talking. We'll drive down Gravel Road and have to park five miles away with sleeping kids and Happy Meals when they pave our street. We'll watch The Hulk and The Simpsons over and over again, and we'll eat peanut butter eggos and chicken tacos at 10 o'clock at night.
I guess I'm listing everything we did at your house, and not mine, but I'll just copy what you did because whatever anyone else is doing always seems better than what I am doing.

I love to see all the cousins together. Sailor and Annie look like they could be sisters instead of cousins.

It was too quick of a trip, though, so let's plan for a full week next summer....maybe we'll be at Disneyland next summer for the big Anniversary Party. Hurray! I hope that happens!

MK and Co. said...

Summer Magic! Do I win a bag of chips? No I'm just teasing Catherine. But I'm gald I remembered that quote because it was driving me nuts!

MK and Co. said...

Glad not gald! I'm not very careful about checking for errors, Sorry!

Katie and Mark said...

I will have to try to go down at the same time as you next Summer! It sound too goo to miss out on all that fun!!!

Jess said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I was sad we didn't really get any beach time while we were in CA. Glad the weather cooperated. Happy Belated Birthday!! Just looked at your september events and realized I missed it. Hope you had a good one!!!

Prudy said...

Oh, how I wish we could go again. I'm drowning in work over here and vacation sounds mahvelous. Thanks for making it so fun. Where are we going next year?

Fantastic Mr. R said...

MK--Looks like it was a great trip. What a fun way to travel (with a sister)...Next time pick me, pick me! :)
ps...i like your new Fall Reese's pieces background....now I need a Reese's cookie.

Catherine said...

MK,
I've been meaning to tell you that I love your new Fall background! It's so cute and festive. I agree with Heidi, I need a reese's pieces cookie now!

Leslie said...

Mare, we've talked and I have failed to mention how much I love the new look. Heidi is right, it makes me want to open a bag of Reeses Pieces. It looks great, perfect for Fall, the real true pretend season you were born in.
SO fun. Love all the pictures. Let's do it all again, next summer.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones