Isn't that the way Patsy makes her grand entrance in the movie Big Country? I love that movie. I should have rented it this weekend because I had ample opportunity's to watch movies for once. I declare ( more from Big Country) the only vacation a mother gets is surgery or if she just had a baby. Oh well. I most certainly did not have a baby so the only alternative must be surgery. I had some work done last Friday. (That sounds like I had cosmetic treatment doesn't it?) I had to have my gal bladder removed so I can continue to eat deliciously unwholesome fatty foods. I mean, who would I be if I didn't enjoy what I eat???!!
I'm very glad it is over and done with and I can't wait till I feel exactly like my old self again. I say old because I never feel older than when I am leaving a hospital. I feel positively ancient. I know I should post a picture of myself just waking up from the anesthesia in a lovely blue hospital gown but I look wretched and since I am the CEO of this blog I don't have to. But I will insert another picture of someone who is very ill.

I don't know her name but she is a very sick cat. Okay, I'm sorry! I'm in a silly nonsensey mood. I just needed a picture of someone, not me, feeling unwell and I thought a cat would be far more interesting. Besides I'm sure she looks exactly how felt. Poor little lamb.
I must thank my dear husband Adam who took the kids out on many adventures this weekend to give me as much rest as possible. He loves going on outings with them and it really was such a relief for me to know they were having a great time with their Dad.
Also, a big thank you to Heidi for watching my kids while Adam and I were at the hospital and taking care of them today so I could have another day to recover. She is such a wonderful sister! Thanks!
Sorry about today's blog. I know it was absurd but I'm pretty sure Leslie will like it. I haven't taken a pain killer in two days but who knows how long those things can last?







7 comments:
Mary,
You can be one sick cat, Leslie is tidy cat, and I'm scaredy cat! It's perfect! I'm sorry you feel so awful! And I love your song! I love your post, you're cracking me up!
Dear Merricat, We are glad yor children had such an excellent janut to the mountains while you had that long overdue surgery. We were sorry in our hobbling season, we could not be there to offer you some sympathy. From birds to cats to fishing and children, and adorable photos. thanks for keeping us in touc. Love Mom and Dad
Dear Recovering Feline,
I am so sorry to hear you were shot in the stomach at the M.K. Corral.
It sounds terrible. I hope that you will not be in the line of gunfire for a good long time to come.
Gunshots to the stomach are very painful. I know this as I have been shot many times.
I hope your man is treating you as good as Doc Holiday would. From the pictures it certainly seems like he is.
All right, Cat In The Sack,
I wil call you as soon as I can.
Cat in the Sack,
I almost forgot - Where did Adam take your kids? Those pictures are adorable! It looks like so much fun! I love the one where it looks like your children are stranded by the side of the road and Jakers is hitch-hiking!
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am feeling much better now so that is a relief. I love cat in the sack by the way Leslie. Too Funny. Catte, the kids went to American Fork Canyon. It's only about 20 min away and is really pretty and the kids love it! Thanks again everyone!
Oh, little Mary, that picture of the cat was catastrophically and categorically hilarious. Where in the world did you find it? Does it make you long for a little kitty of your own to dress up in baby clothes?
I hope you continue to feel better and I'll come help you put dishes in boxes soon.
I found the picture if that cat by simply going to Google images and typing in "sick cat". This poor little feline is what I got.
Post a Comment