
One day Annaliese mentioned she saw a bird gathering sticks and other materials. Annaliese loves creatures of all sorts and enjoyed watching this busy bird. A few days later we noticed a nest on our patio and a robin in the nest enjoying her work.
Later that night when Adam came home from work he helped each child get a closer look at the nest. He carefully lifted each child up to be able to peer in and see what there was to see. Annaliese went first and declared there in the nest were two small, blue robin eggs. We were so pleased. Annaliese was able to take a pictures of the eggs and the nest because the poor mother robin flys away, just a little bit, each time we come out to take a look. We are now enjoying reading about robins this month and can't wait till the baby birds hatch!

Robin eggs are such a beautiful color of blue! It's so pretty it doesn't seem possible that it's real or natural.





6 comments:
How exciting! It's true everything is amazing through a child's eyes. Let us know when the arrivals hatch. H
It sounds cliche, but I feel like I really opened my eyes to the simple pleasures of life when I had my children. Now I find great pleasure in the crawling caterpillar, the repair man on the telephone pole, the pecans that you can stomp out on the sidewalk. I do love the color or robin's eggs. It's one of those colors that I think is green, but I know it is blue to the rest of the world.
I hope you are recovering today. Can you eat fatty foods to your heart's content now? E
Blue Marble eggs. They were so pretty, but I'm afraid of birds. They could swoop down on your head. I blame Laurie and all the birds she left in opened cages that flew out and attacked me when I was babysitting.
But, I'm glad Annaliese is enjoying them.
Also,
Are you all right? Are you recovering properly in bed surrounded by books and magazines, and a tall, icy, glass of water.
I hope everyone is looking after you, and doing all your chores and minding the farm.
Hurry and get better so you can have steak and ice cream every night. And for dessert you can have lime green ice cream in a pretty dessert cup with a crunchy wafer cookie, and a big giant piece of delicious cake on a paper napkin. Ok, little Mary-honey, call me when you can laugh at all the pain.
Also,
The blue robbin eggs look like the exact shade of Tiffany's famous color.
Did you know that color is patented? No one can use it, only Tiffany's. I tried to track the color down once for a big bookclub party, and they told me it was entirely theirs, not to be shared.
How selfish!
All this time I thought I left a commnent about Rockin Robin!!! The same thing just happened to Erin on my blog! I'm SORRY! I like to think of myself as a faithful commenter and now I've tarnished my reputation!
Anyway, I love your birds and can't wait to see a picture of them when they hatch! I hope they are adorable and covered in feathers before you move! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you, when we get home!
You are such a good mom. Have fun watching the pretty little eggs! :)
Post a Comment